Wednesday 17th July, 2013
Tricia Nichols, Global Lead Consumer Engagement, Media Innovation & Brand Partnership, GAP Inc (US) Building Meaningful Partnerships – How To Create Bonds With Consumers
· Marrying physical and digital. 7 11 and Zenga swapped customers
· @dvf did kids collection for gap
· Change partner relationships from transactional to innovative
Panel: Does Australia Have Anything To Fear From Programmatic Advertising?
· It's meant to help sales teams.
· Lots of good tech being brought over from USA e.g Turn
· Analytics staff growing on all sides. Digitas US has 50% staff in analytics.
Case Study: The Next Big Thing Is Here: Tablets
· 75% use is for gaming
· Higher use at home
· Older Audience
· More engaged
· Over WIFI
· Best to connect to tablet users using long form video, with option to buy, after 7 pm.
Tourism Australia Tablet app case study
· Make full potential of tablet use
· Use paid media to promote use of app, especially search
· 200k to 300k spent on their tablet app
Panel: Social Media Activists are Coming for Your Brand – Are You Ready?
· A crisis is when negative sentiment reaches a level that costs you money.
· Qantas puts out a templated tweet within 5 mins of a crisis.
· When choosing a listening tool, don't pick the one that helps digital marketers, choose the one that helps the whole organisation.
· Most re-tweeted tweet is Obama after election win
· Vodafone uses twitter for "care" and "brand", via two twitter handles.
Case Study: Social Media ROI Measures and Competitive Analysis
· KRAFT social reporting approach – always ask:
- So what?
- What's next?
· Kraft believes its critical to measure CPI ie cost per impact, not just ROI when it comes to social
· Kraft attributes more to a share vs a like and so on, for CPI
· Billboards don't have to justify themselves at all. Why is social so scrutinised?
Case Study by Bisolvin: Mobile As the First Screen in Integrated Advertising Campaigns
· Great mobile web e card SMS/social site created, helped Bisolvin have one of their best years in their 50 year existence.
· Promotion asked: text “mucus“ to this number, written on bus stations. Great use of the medium.
· Key was very simple brief from client that didn't start with "we want to do something in mobile".
· By doing only mobile web on HTML 5, more cost effective than 3 mobile apps
Thursday 18th July, 2013
Keynote: Andy Lark, CMO & Online Officer, Commonwealth Bank of Australia The Successes and Learning’s of Australia's Most Digitally Savvy Bank
· This generation going through biggest transformation ever due to social web.
· Facebook - marketing in a social world.
· 89% of Facebook users are multi screening
Panel: Developing a Killer Content Strategy - Tips for Success
Michael Verghios speakig alongside Ardent Digital and DT. Best panel of the day of course :)
Marketing Your Technical Product/Service… to My Mother
· Lead with benefits, not features
· Simplifies his web experience so his elderly mother could understand it
Location, Location, Location: How Location is Now Cooler than "social media" in the world of Content and Brand Communications
· Brazilian clothes store showed the "likes" for each garment on a digital panel located on the clothes hanger.
· Location shouldn't matter much in business.
· Aussies are often more productive and harder working than many other countries, so we should be servicing a lot more global business
Case Study: Agile Marketing
· Try avoid “set and forget” advertising.
· Carlton has fun taking the piss as a brand.
· Created an app with many games that engages people for longer.
· Visual slide used to describe the app teething issues Carlton experienced.
· Look for gap in the market and exploit it. Even if you have to invent it.
The Next Level - How Businesses Are Using Games to Engage Their Audience
· 61% of C level execs game daily as a break.
· Average age of a gamer is 35
Digital Marketing Director