If you have not heard, Google Adwords will be updating their policy on June 2nd 2015. For advertisers, this means all phone numbers in ads must be verified as the phone number for the respective business in the ad. If you fail to verify, your call and location extensions with phone numbers will be disapproved.
To avoid losing your ad extensions and key sources of leads, ensure you verify using any of these three methods:
- Ensure the phone number used in your extension appears in text on the website featured in your ad.
- Link your Google Webmaster Tools and Adwords accounts.
- Add your unique Adwords conversion tracking code snippet to the landing page featured in your ad.
You can confirm which ads require verification. To confirm:
- Go to the "Call extensions" or "Location extensions" view of the Ad extensions tab.
- Phone numbers requiring verification will appear with an "unverified" or "unverified phone" notation.
About Michael Verghios
Michael is a Director at Nimbull, a Digital Marketing Agency that “modestly” proclaims:
WE DO SEARCH MARKETING FOR SEARCH ENGINES.
WE DO SOCIAL FOR THE BIGGEST SOCIAL EVENTS.
WE BRING COMMERCE TO THE BIGGEST E-COMMERCE SITES.
WE'RE A BIG DEAL TO THE BIGGEST DEAL SITES.